Help Save Lives as a Safety & Health Trainer!
Hiring in the Greater Philadelphia Area
Safety Management Degree and 7 Years’ Occupational Safety Experience Required
Passionate about safety? Love meeting new people and teaching safety classes? Ready to make a difference by helping a variety of companies keep their employees safe? You’re in the right place! LSCI is actively searching for a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced safety & health professional to join our team as a full-time Safety & Health Trainer in the Greater Philadelphia Area!
Trainings & Site Visits:
- Present general OSHA awareness employee safety trainings to LSCI clients in a wide variety of industries. Trainings may be held in-person at a location of the client’s choice or online via webinar software.
- Teach specialty subject matter such as First aid/CPR, flagger certifications, OSHA 10-Hour, OSHA 30-hour, etc. (Assigned per previous experience/certifications with the subject matter.)
- Inspect client worksites and facilities to identify hazards and recommend corrective actions. Gather necessary information for additional services and provide overall consulting services to the client.
- Deliver and insert updates to clients’ written safety & health programs.
- Professionally discuss safety-related items with company owners, management, and supervisors.
- Gather information for the development of written materials such as safety & health programs, lockout/tagout procedures, JSAs, etc.
- Review and comprehend site visit agendas.
Preparation, Follow-up, & Office:
- Identify and prepare all necessary information and training materials such as PowerPoint presentations, supplemental training and reference materials, quizzes, handouts, or group activities for site visits for assigned projects.
- Prepare and submit detailed project notes within designated timeframes.
- Write detailed reports following inspections and consultations, which include identified hazards, recommendations for improvement, and best practices observed.
- Conduct OSHA-related research.
- Collaborate with various departments at LSCI.
- Provide professional guidance and support to clients regarding their overall safety program. Maintain open lines of communication with clients regarding their safety program and any ongoing improvement measures.
- Conduct OSHA-related research using available resources to provide professional information and recommendations to clients.
The Safety & Health Trainer position will be located in the Greater Philadelphia area and will be centrally based at the candidate’s home office. Travel within Eastern PA, NJ, DE and Northeastern MD is required. Overnight stays may be required depending on project location and schedule.
The Safety & Health Trainer will report to LSCI’s corporate office near Pittsburgh.
- Outstanding public speaking skills.
- Effortlessly engage an audience.
- Explain concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- Maintain the attention of a group with enthusiasm.
- Strong customer service and business writing skills.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- The ability to independently provide professional-level service to clients.
- Ability to travel to various client locations and arrive punctually at the prescribed arrival time.
- Own or lease a reliable vehicle. Maintain in a safe and reliable condition with current insurance, registration, and inspections.
- Reliable home internet service
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in an occupational safety-related position. 10 years’ experience preferred.
- Annual Salary of $70,000.00
- Competitive benefits package for full-time employees. (Medical, vision, dental, paid time off, paid holidays, & 401K)
- Company provided training equipment
- Company sponsored certifications (e.g. OSHA 500, First Aid/CPR, etc.)
- Travel reimbursement
- Cell phone allowance