Onsite 24HR Fall Protection Class
Fall Protection has steadily remained at the top of OSHA’s Top 10 Most Frequently Cited Violations list for years. For the past several, OSHA has been actively promoting a nationwide campaign to prevent falls. The amount of accidents and deaths that could have been prevented with the proper use of fall protection is staggering. However, falls continue to be the number one cause of work-related deaths in construction.
Lancaster Safety has joined the effort to promote the proper use of fall protection and to prevent fall-related incidents and injuries. Our 24 Hour Fall Protection Training includes demonstrations, hands on activities, and instruction on common fall hazards and proper use of fall protection systems and their components. Successful completion of this course will meet OSHA’s Competent Person in Fall Protection requirement for 29 CFR 1926 Subpart M and the US Army Corps of Engineer’s EM 385 training requirements.
24HR Fall Protection Course Description:
- OSHA’s Fall Protection standards and what it takes to develop a program
- Fall hazard recognition and how to protect yourself
- Fall hazard elimination and controls methods
- Hierarchy of Fall prevention methods
- Applicability of fall protection regulations
- Fall hazard surveys and fall protection procedures
- The responsibilities of designated persons under this standard
- Detailed inspection of equipment components and systems
- Fall protection rescue procedures and creating a safe working environment
- The selection and use of non-certified anchorages
- Fall Protection on Aerial Lifts and Ladders
- Hands on exercises and inspections
- Storage and care of equipment
Certification: After successfully completing this training course, each participant will receive a Competent Person Fall Protection card. Students will need to pass a written test and also be able to demonstrate competency at various learning stations.